|2h 30min||Sakai, Osaka||English||18,000 JPY|
About Sharpen Japanese Knives in Osaka
Sakai city is famous as an industrial city, especially for Sakai knives. As many people know that Samurai sword is the sharpest in the world, Sakai's kitchen knives are also super sharp. This tour shows you why it's so sharp and how they are made. You'll learn how to sharpen knives from professionals who work for sharpening knives 60 years and fitting handles for 80 years and get your own Japanese knife in the end of this tour. You can get your knife with your name on it in Japanese (Kanji / Katakana). If you don't have your name in Japanese, we'll make for you.
【Choose one type of knife from below】
- Santoku knife(all-purpose)
- Petit knife(fruits knife)
- Deba knife(for dressing a fish)
- #Yanagiba knife(for sashimi and sushi)
※ Lefthand users pay ¥3,500 extra for knife #3 and #4 to the factory on site to make a left-handed knife.
In front of the East gate at Sakai station of Nankai line.
Including a knife that you've choice
How to book?
- This is one of the most interesting FREE WALKING TOURs based on tips. Decide how much you want to pay depending on how you like the tour.
- We will take you on an exciting adventure. You will learn the best local eats, photo spots, history, and more!
- We employ friendly English-speaking guides with exceptional local area knowledge.